Sunday, April 15, 2007

There was an article in the NYTimes about how Leslie Feist is going to be the next big thing, by the looks of her upcoming album. This Canadian singer has been one of my favorites for the past few months, just on the basis of a remix album of her songs called Open Season.

From iTunes, I saw that two of the new singles are now available: "1234" and "My Moon My Man." Both sound very poppy, which the NYTimes thinks will drive her increasing popularity. I wasn't so taken with the 30-second sampling, and prefer stripped-down, acoustic songs like "Gatekeeper" from her album "Let It Die" and the version of "Inside and Out" from the Open Season album.

Feist's voice and her songs' interesting melodies drive these songs; I hope these will come through in her new album.

No comments: