Monday, October 16, 2006

I am sorry, I have to comment on the Aleksey Vayner phenomenon (you know, the Yale senior who sent a video cv to various companies on Wall Street that made outrageous claims about himself, e.g., he can serve a tennis ball at 140 mph, he can bench press 495 pounds, etc.). Gawker made a greatvideo montage of it to some crappy 80s music.

I have to say that, yes, this guy exaggerates his abilities, but the things he said about his philosophy of success, like that you have to believe it, etc., are really pretty normal and probably effective if you can get distracted for enough time from your own self-aggrandizement. And I get the feeling that he thought he would fit right in with those other guys on Wall Street with this attitude.

But what I really want to know is, has he gotten a job?

No comments: