Monday, October 02, 2006

My culturally aware friends brought me to two cool events this past weekend which I think merit further attention by others.

The first is the Wired NextFest at the Javits Center, which was a hall crowded with nerds eager to inspect the latest technologies. It was cool, but tiring, and for most cool things you had to wait in a big line. Rachel and I did make a claymation movie though.

The second thing was a gallery opening/vernissage at Giant Robot in the East Village, of Nog a Dod, the name of which inevitably reminds me of Wag the Dog, a film which I have never seen, with I think Robert de Niro. The store Giant Robot is pretty cool; they sell this book, which I really liked, especially after seeing all these techie new inventions earlier in the day.

Nothing corrupt going on there.........as far as I could tell.

No comments: